Flomerics is a leading provider of computational fluid dynamics software (CFD), electronics cooling simulation and analysis and CAD-embedded general purpose CFD for electronic design engineers. One of their leading products is Flotherm which is used to predict airflow and heat transfer, in and around electronic equipment.
The company is now owned by Mentor Graphics Inc, a US-based multinational corporation dealing in electronic design automation (EDA) for electrical engineering and electronics. It was acquired for $60m.
What they wanted us to do
Flomerics wanted to draw on our considerable event management expertise and asked us to:
- Organise Flomerics’ first-ever three-day international user conference
- Attract 150 electronic design engineers from around the world
- Educate electronic design engineers about the need to cool electronic equipment using Flomerics’ Flotherm 3D computational fluid dynamics software.
How we did it
We took over the conference arrangements and logistics for Flomerics completely and:
- Sourced a conference venue offering overnight accommodation within a traditional English setting to appeal to international delegates
- Prepared a ‘Call for Papers’, canvassing blue chip technology businesses across the globe to present papers at the conference on how they used Flotherm to predict the air flow and cooling of their electronic systems
- Coordinated the conference programme
- Coordinated hospitality for three full days, including a gala dinner with a string quartet, overnight accommodation and delegate gifts
- Sourced the AV kit for presentation rooms
- Organised press briefings and a speaker panel
What we achieved for them
The Flomerics conference event was well attended and a great success:
- It boasted an outstanding conference programme and keynote speaker line-up, including presentations from Nokia, Siemens, IBM, Hewlett Packard, Thales and AEG
- It attracted a full quota of fee-paying delegates
- The conference was heralded as an outstanding success by both Flomerics and delegates, leading to a decision to host an international user conference every year
- Substantial feature articles based on the content of papers presented at the conference were published in a range of electronic design media.