Developers of a cloud-based content and coding platform, Codio are at the cutting edge of disruptive technology. Created originally to take the pain out of teaching computer programming, Codio’s online platform delivers an innovative teaching and learning experience that stimulates the creative potential in every student, helping to develop the next generation of creators.
What they wanted us to do
As a start-up technology business developing exciting new disruptive technologies, Codio needed a content marketing and social media campaign including video content that would:
- Raise their profile and position them as a force in the GCSE computing arena
- Drive traffic to their website
- Extend their audience reach and engagement
How we did it
Using our in-depth knowledge of the technology sector, and the experience we’ve gained helping tech start-ups we devised a targeted PR campaign which:
- Secured buy-in from established stakeholders and bloggers within the market who would take part in ‘Ask an Expert’ videos and also publicise Codio through their existing channels of communication including websites, newsletters and Twitter feeds. These key influencers were:
- Sue Sentence, National Academic Coordinator at Computers at School (CAS) and Senior Lecturer, Kings College
- Rob Leeman, Computing Qualifications Manager, at awarding body OCR
- Mark Martin, Urban Teacher, blogger
- Created an initial outline brief and storyboard for the videographer, and coordinated filming
- Publicised the availability of the video on the Codio site using media relations and a Twitter campaign.
Watch a sample of our content marketing
“Ask the Experts” video series on GCSE computing featuring Shahneila Saeed, a founder Board Member at Computing at School, created for Codio.
What we achieved for them
Livewire’s content marketing and social media programmes raised Codio’s profile by associating them with large, established players in the GCSE computing arena. This also gave them immediate reach into the UK schools market, and boosted website traffic and leads – all ripe for conversion.
Livewire has been instrumental in significantly extending our reach into UK schools through its stakeholder and influencer relations PR campaigns. Introductions to significant bodies such as the British Computer Society, NAACE, Computing at School and OCR, and subsequent joint marketing initiatives have enabled us to achieve instant market penetration and dialogue with schools keen to adopt Codio, our cloud-based coding and content platform.
Freddy May, Founder, Codio (education start-up)
Start the journey to becoming Livewire’s next success story. Call us on +44 (0)7941 125580 or email firstname.lastname@example.org