Flomerics (now Mentor Graphics)
- To organise Flomerics’ first ever three-day international user conference.
- To attract 150 electronic design engineers from across the globe.
- To educate electronic design engineers on the need to cool electronic equipment using Flomerics’ Flotherm 3D computational fluid dynamics software which predicts airflow and heat transfer.
- Sourced conference venue offering overnight accommodation within a traditional English setting to appeal to international delegates.
- Prepared ‘Call for Papers’, canvassing blue chip technology businesses across the globe to present papers at the conference on how they used Flotherm to predict the air flow and cooling of their electronic systems.
- Coordinated conference programme.
- Coordinated hospitality for full three days, including gala dinner event with string quartet, overnight accommodation and delegate gifts.
- Sourced AV kit for presentation rooms.
- Organised press briefings and speaker panel.
- Outstanding conference programme and keynote speaker line up, including presentations from Nokia, Siemens, IBM, Hewlett Packard, Thales and AEG.
- Full quota of fee-paying delegates.
- Conference heralded as an outstanding success by both Flomerics and delegates, leading to a decision to host an international user conference every year.
- Substantial feature articles based on the content of papers presented at the conference published in electronic design media.